[Rockbridge Committee] Fw: Emailing: Equipment status.xlsx

Loretta Schouten llschouten at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 11:07:38 CDT 2013

Sorry guys, I am not going to make it to the BCARES meeting.  My kids have
after school activities that are going to interfere.  Usually my husband
can get everyone where they need to be, but tonight they are at opposite
ends of town at the same time.   :(

Would one of you be willing to share the following update on the Rock
Bridge NASA event at the meeting?

The announcement party planning is rolling forward.  The announcement party
will be* September 19th at 3:30pm at Rock Bridge Elementary*.  If weather
permits, we plan on setting up outside next to the school.  In case of
inclement weather, we'll have it in the gym.  Invitations will be going out
soon, but please mark your calendars, we'd love a huge turnout from the
amateur radio folks! If you have decided on a banner, would someone please
contact me so we can be sure to include it?  We would like 1 person to
represent all of amateur radio in our area say a few words (maybe just 5-10
minutes or so).  I'll need to know who that will be in the next week or
so.  We are trying to keep the talks to just a few (and short) so we
don't miss making it on the 6pm broadcast.  I have drafted a press release,
once final approval from NASA is given I will circulate that.  Could we put
it out on your websites and send an email to all your members?  If anyone
has other avenues to get the word out, please let me know!

Thanks again for all your help!  We couldn't do it without you!

Loretta
cell:  573-819-1252
llschouten at gmail.com

--