[Rockbridge Committee] Fw: Emailing: Equipment status.xlsx

Justin Yesis justin.yesis at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 09:54:16 CDT 2013

Busy, but haven't forgotten.  Sorry for not getting to this sooner.  Don
and I conducted a site survey of the school and think our best setup
location is in the school's media center/library.  By setting up on tables
facing an outer wall, we can route feedline directly up to the roof.  We
estimated 100' lengths of feedline would be more than sufficient to reach
either corner of the roof.  A/C power receptacles are located every few
feet along the floor, although I believe we have more than enough battery
capacity available to run the entire contact off the grid.  A low-level
audio connection with the school's PA system can be established by running
a wire to the computer lab at the back of the library.  The school has
offered some secure storage space for our equipment so we can stage gear in
advance of the contact.  The roof has clear lines of sight in all
directions, and will be accessible by ladder from an exit adjacent to the
library.  We will need to bring some type of pad to protect the roof from
the tripods, but it offers a flat stable surface with relatively easy
access.  I'm attaching a few pictures I took during the survey.  Again,
sorry for the delay in sending all this.

-Justin