[Balloons] FW: [GPSL] Help with BalloonSat Launches?

Don Moore km0r at km0r.net
Mon Mar 5 16:03:17 CST 2012

Great, sounds like we have some interest. Corey, I’m sure we can arrange
something
 bring your chainsaw J

Jim, I think Paul was referring to two different things.  I think I
understand him to say that if visiting other groups, he is buying helium,
but wants local folks (local to the launch site) to transport the gas so he
doesn’t have to bring it in, and he will bring balloons too.

So
 this being the case (at least I hope so), do we want to try and schedule
something in the coming weeks and try to launch some of our payloads as a
test run too?

I have a tracking payload which has passed its RF testing, GPS tests are
next, then it will be ready for battery tests, but haven’t begun either of
those yet.  Then it’ll be time to package it for flight
  I was thinking
something small and easily added to an existing payload string like a small
insulated cooler/lunch bag.  I haven’t weighed the whole package yet, but am
guessing it will be fairly light.

Don M. - KMØR