[Balloons] FW: NSTAR status, 17 March

Don - KM0R km0r at km0r.net
Thu Mar 17 10:21:05 CDT 2011

In case anyone wants to track a balloon this weekend J

Don M.

Saturday's forecast shows a high overcast (cloud bases around 10,000
ft) and we may see a few sprinkles in the morning but nothing heavy
enough to prevent a launch. Temps should be around 40 F with
southeast winds about 5 mph.

Our track forecast has shortened a little bit, also helpful to us.
The landing now looks to be about 5 miles south of Massena IA, about
20 miles shorter than before. We should be able to be at the landing
with this distance.

The NSTAR balloon will have primary APRS on 144.36 MHz with callsign
N9XTN-11 and backup APRS on 144.39 MHz with callsign N9XTN-12. The
Nebraska Space Grant group will also fly their own balloon - it will
have APRS on 144.39 MHz with callsign KD0NMG-11.

As time permits I'll have launch/flight updates via Twitter at
http://twitter.com/N9XTN.

73 de Mark N9XTN

.

<http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=328371/grpspId=1705063108/msgId=
3780/stime=1300372287/nc1=1/nc2=2/nc3=3>