[Balloons] Update... California MEGA 4 Balloon Launch...

the_Biggerstaffs the_biggerstaffs at embarqmail.com
Wed Dec 14 10:28:53 CST 2011

The final floater balloon sent its last position packet at 0946z this
morning as it was descending (slowly) over the Mediterranean Sea.  It was
aloft for well over two days and travelled about 7500 miles!  The European
amateur community really stepped up in a hurry to this event.  In Europe,
APRS is on 144.8 rather than 144.39.  It appears several stations changed
frequencies after they heard of this unexpected airborne APRS visitor.  The
third link below is the best to see the track.

73,  Jim N0TKN

Ps:  The Balloons list did not get my first post because I attached the
traffic from the TinyTrak reflector which made the post too large.